The Archbishopric is an Orthodox ecclesial entity uniting the churches of Russian tradition in Western Europe, founded in 1921 by the Holy Patriarch Tikhon and entrusted to the metropolitan Euloge.
Canonically attached to the Patriarchate of Moscow, the Archbishopric is headed by His Eminence the Metropolitan John of Doubna. Faithful to its spiritual and liturgical roots in the Russian tradition, it retains the specific features of its ecclesial and pastoral functioning as established by the Moscow Council of 1917-1918 as well as the heritage of its own tradition.
The head office is located 12 rue Daru, Paris 8th, near the Saint Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Attached to it are: the Orthodox Theological Institute of Saint Sergius , five monasteries and skites, about sixty parishes, spread over seven European countries. About 75 priests and 30 deacons provide pastoral service.